Monday, January 2, 2012

Newland Park, Huntington Beach

Newland Park is another nice little pocket park. It has what I suspect is a slightly older model of the red-and-yellow play area (more metal), plus a really nice wooden bridge and walkway. I know that when I was a kid, the bridge would have become all sorts of grand imaginary places, and my adult self still enjoyed walking across it while I admired the curve of the path.

There was also a good-sized flat field where kids (from the school next door?) were practicing soccer, and plenty of nice trees. There were the usual suspects and, as I'm starting to see more and more, it looked like there were at least three plantings. I do love the way the city park department keeps the sizes and ages of the trees different. It makes for a much more appealing park.

No comments:

Post a Comment