Sunday, July 4, 2010

Before the Parade: Houses

I  didn't get to spend my usual few days leisurely examining the houses before the parade. This time, it was all right before the parade started and seen around hoards of people similarly watching the crowds and the houses.


I love the pale-skinned doll sunbathing on this roof. There was another one off to the side, but since it wasn't in a chair, it really looked rather like a corpse.

 


And these people planted for the occasion. How cool is that? They won one of the decorating awards, but I wasn't close enough to see which one.


And this one: Clever use of materials. Those are old blue-jeans being the blue, and I think, old sheets for the red and white. Love it!


This garden is a long-time favorite of mine, and the Fourth of July decorations did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment