Monday, September 28, 2009

Great Carousel Hunt, Part the VI: The Balboa Park Carousel

This is, I'm afraid, a belated entry, dating from last week's visit to the San Diego Zoo.

It also, of course, included a visit to the Balboa Park Carousel, my friends being kind enough to suggest stopping there first "So we don't forget." Not that I'm likely to forget a carousel, but I had confused the carousel locations, thinking I'd be riding the San Diego Park Conservation Carousel, not the lovely, antique Balboa Park Carousel. If I had remembered correctly, I would have brushed up on my facts first.

And I would have tried to figure out where the brass ring was, what it looked like, and how to grab (or try to grab) it. As it was, I had to settle for knowing this was one of the old carousels, admiring the bright orange ostriches, and t
horoughly enjoying the ride round on the zebras.

It was a long ride too, much longer than any I've been on yet--the five minute number I see on various websites may very well still be true. It's one of the faster carousels, but it doesn't whisk round the way the Long Beach Pike Carousel does.







No comments:

Post a Comment