Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stargate Atlantis: The Queen

So, as I mentioned before, the Crystaline Entity had led me to believe that The Queen would be dire. Consequently, I skipped it and went on to other episodes--well, partly because of the Entity's warnings and partly because I am watching with my mom, a wavering viewer I'm afraid will leave if we sit through anything else as bad as The Daedalus Variations or its ilk.

Anyway, expecting it to be totally dire, I was pleasantly surprised.

I agree with The Entity's primary observations, mind, so don't expect high praise from me.

But it isn't dire dire. After all, it has Todd in it, and he, by himself, is enough to make an episode entertaining. He has a wicked sense of humor and a lovely deep voice in which to deliver those deliberately unsettling lines.

So, no, it isn't the best show ever to come out of the series, not by a long shot, but it is entertaining, it featured mercifully little gunplay, and it had Todd in it.

Also I have the advantage of having seen First Contact already, so I have hope that Something Good may come out of all of this, redeeming the episode's faults.

1 And, since she's already made them and I've linked to them twice now, I'm not going to repeat them--see how much trouble I'm saved by watching the episode after her?

No comments:

Post a Comment