Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Blake's 7 remake. Maybe, possibly, perhaps

So, it seems that a US company (Georgeville Television?) might be remaking Blake's 7 (see article on Deadline.com).

An American remake of a British TV show. Hm. Disaster is possible. We don't do the sarcastic one-liners all that well.

Budget? Is there one? Is it large enough to avoid bright orange ants and small enough to avoid special effects overkill?

Any remake of Blake's 7 seems...fraught with difficulty.

And then there's the fact that I couldn't watch the Ron Moore Battlestar Galactica because it got way too dark for me way too quickly--and Moore started with a cheerful pseudo-epic, while the B7 people are starting with a dark version of Robin Hood, which means the show could really get dark, and no one could complain that they were deviating from the original.

On the other hand...

It's Blake's 7. I want Blake's 7. There is a chance that I'll like it. And even if I don't...

Maybe they'll finally release those US DVD's of the original (Yes, I know. I'm probably the last person holding out for those).

And, for all that I linked to the deadline.com article, I really found out about it first at Den of Geek when I was reading their old Blake's 7 reviews last night because I enjoy good reviews. Also, I spent some time last night rereading memorable quotes on wikiquote, and, oh, I miss the show!

Note: I still think it's crazy that all the articles describing this possible remake are describing, and in some cases, embedding, the end of the original. Don't spoil it for the people who haven't watched!

No comments:

Post a Comment