Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chai Latte Brownies, a recipe from Cooking Light

I have been loyal to the Bourbon Fudge brownies for years. They're good: Rich, fudgy, deeply chocolate, and highly decadent.

However, I just discovered the Chai Latte Brownies, which I think may be even better. They're just as rich, and they add a medley of warm spices and just a bit of bite.

I might have to do a bake-off some day to compare them.

By the way, for those of you who don't have whole spices lying around (and I don't, except, for some reason, allspice), the powdered spice measurements are:
less than 1/4 teaspoon cardamom,
1/2 t allspice
less than 1/4 t cloves,
1/2 t ground cinnamon

Some day, maybe I'll get all the spices whole and mull them the way Cooking Light suggests, though it is hard to see how the brownies could get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment