Thursday, May 19, 2011

Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre Does Doctor Who

Well, I was going to sit down and write reviews and things, but being rather tired, I ended up on YouTube watching the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre instead. I'd heard about them before, but people always posted links before I'd watched whatever Doctor Who episode they were doing, so I never ended up watching them.

Their take on The End of Time nails the difficulties far more clearly and hilariously than any other review I've seen. Here's Part One, Part Two, and Part Three.


The sock puppets do Shakespeare as well. I'm very much looking forward to watching thier King Lear.

What are they? They're, um, well, they're sock puppets. Scottish sock puppets. They do amazingly comic, killer reviews and retakes on all sorts of shows and songs and, it looks like sometimes they comment on current events as well.

I watched several during my supposed blogging time, and enjoyed them thoroughly. Mild complaint: A couple of the shows veered into cruder territory than I am comfortable with, but that's why there's YouTube--I could happily switch to something else, and no one was bothered. So, with that mild caveat: Go forth and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. NICE. This plays right into my theory that everything is funnier in Scottish accents.

    ReplyDelete