Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Broken Hourglass: Puzzle Pieces

Progress and regress and progress again.

I spent the last couple of days discovering that a quest which I had tested in pieces did not work as a whole. In consequence, I had to take the whole thing apart and reassemble it (something that involved both revising the writing and the coding), testing as I went to make sure that each path worked. I'm not sure how many times through that took, either, since there are multiple approaches to the quest and multiple ways of solving it--I tried vaguely to work it out mathematically, but gave up early on and just kept on reloading. By the time I got it working, I was too tired to feel anything more than a distant sort of satisfaction.

Some sleeps later, and I'm capable of greater happiness: It may not be a big quest, but I wrote it and coded it, and it works!

Work on smaller encounters and miniquests also continues; several of them work, some probably work but need one more test before I settle them in and declare them done.

Paul's checked in at least one major quest, too, while I've been toiling away. So--yup, stuff's happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment