Friday, April 16, 2010

Aunt Dimity Down Under by Nancy Atherton

Aunt Dimity Down Under is a lovely bit of fluff, just what I was wanting. This time around, Lori heads off to New Zealand, taking Reginald the stuffed rabbit and Aunt Dimity's journal with her.

Much lovely description of New Zealand follows, most of it fitting beautifully into the story and making me happy to travel along (Most: Aunt Dimity has a couple of those "I did my research" lines authors sometimes insert), some (unwarranted) scares, and the stray relative Lori is searching for is found and brought safely to the beautiful English village where she lives.

I'm glad to say that Lori seems to have outgrown her tendency fall for every handsome man she travels with; it was getting old a very few books into the series. Now, she travels happily with her native guide, and chats with her husband on the phone.

The Aunt Dimity books are not serious mysteries; even for cozies, they are cozy. Sometimes, that is just what I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment