Monday, March 22, 2010

Status of the Talbert Lake Diversion Project

So I finally got my act together and did some phoning. Someone suggested Public Works, and they put me through to Terry, the engineer in charge of the project as of January of last year. She told me that the project had, as I suspected, been put on hold, as had all grant projects.

They had recently gotten permission to restart grant projects, but in the meantime, examination had shown that the project would need another 3.7 million, plus which the original end time was this month--not feasible now, for obvious reaons--so she was applying for a five year extension. So, there is hope, but for now, it is on hold again.

I'll keep watching. I would love to see Talbert Lake year round, but can certainly see why it might not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment