Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happiness (3): Gelato! Also, Good Company

Is

Gelato!

There's a new(ish) gelato place in town, Mangiamo Gelato Caffe. I've been meaning to go for a while, and finally my brother and I walked down yesterday.

Mmmm.

They were nice & cheerful & let us try different flavors, and, even better, all the different sizes allow for different flavors--even the small (which is plenty large!) allows for three flavors. This is great for someone like me who always has to have pistachio(1), but still wants to try something else.

My brother had mango & nutella, both of which were delicious (I tasted some, of course). I had rum raisin, pistachio, and raspberry, all yummy, though I think the rum raisin was better as a taste than as a third-of-a-bowl-full, where it got too sweet.

The food was good, the place was nice, and the company was good as well. Lots of philosophy talk, given that Ethawyn is a philosophy major and all.

(1) With gelato, that is. Ice cream has to be chocolate, unless I'm somewhere where I can have black walnut ice cream. There's a lovely place in Florence, Oregon that serves homemade black walnut ice cream. I've never had any anywhere else. Mmmm.... *Starts dreaming happily & then realizes it's time to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment