Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Broken Hourglass: More Writing

Gotta love RPG writing.

See, the other day, I was working on The Broken Hourglass, and I had this brilliant idea for a micro-quest using an item from a major quest I worked on a while back. There's someone in one of the areas who really might want this item.

It would, I thought, be quick and a fitting use for the item.

I had forgotten (again) just how much time it can take to fill in the details. Four and a half pages and most of an afternoon later, I had written out a suitable number of approaches to "I have this item. Would you like it?" and assorted replies.

Whew!

It's fun, and it saves the strain of having to actually choose which of the brilliant (or otherwise) approaches possible, but it sure takes time!

No comments:

Post a Comment