Friday, December 5, 2008

Watch Out for Whales



I finished the scanned-printed-and-bound version, the one that is *not* fourteen feet long and that can be held in your hands.

I think it turned out well. I was afraid that the texture would be lost in the transition and, while it is true you can no longer touch it, it is still there.

I think next time I make one of these, I'll leave a bit more of a left margin in the original so that it won't be swallowed in the stitching. I was thinking whole-page when I made it, and while the format is still good, I think it's probably possible to make something better, with a stronger balance for both formats.

Still, I'm very happy with it.

I'm made even happier by the fact that this copy was made-to-order copy and will go to its new home on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment