Friday, December 5, 2008

Jonathan Coulton

Why did no one introduce me Jonathan Coulton's music before?

Ok, so I've only listened to two of his songs, but such beautiful ones! Consider "Skullcrusher Mountain" where an Evil Overlord/Mad Scientist sings to his sweetheart, admitting "even my henchmen think I'm crazy" and wondering why she doesn't like the monkey-pony-monster he made just for her.

Or, even better, "Re: Your Brains," where a zombie wonders why his (former?) coworker at the office won't let him in,

"All we want to do is eat your brains
We're not unreasonable, I mean, no one's gonna eat your eyes
All we want to do is eat your brains
We're at an impasse here, maybe we should compromise
If you open up the door
We'll all come inside and eat your brains."

It's perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment