Friday, December 12, 2008

Flotsam Tells Her Tale


I posted earlier about drying seaweed so that Flotsam could tell her tale. It took a while to dry--we had misty weather almost immediately after I hung it up--but in the end it did finish, quite nicely, and Flotsam got to tell her tale!

I went back and forth for sometime on the issue of words--you may remember that the original slideshow included text--and in the end decided not to. Instead, I opted for a post-card like look, a series of images Flotsam might have mailed home to friends and relatives. The format leaves people open to tell their own version of her tale.

Ultimately, I also chose somewhat different pictures from those used in the slideshow. They were taken the same day but had different orientations or focuses that worked better for the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment