Monday, August 4, 2008

Pigeon by Mo Willems

A few days ago, I did some babysitting--first time in a while. Had a lot of fun, what with playing in the park, reading, and watching Thomas the Tank Engine for the first time ever.

The bedtime ritual includes reading three books out loud, which is how I got introduced to the Pigeon books1.

They're fun little books. My companion (6 1/2) could read them easily and loved the jokes, and I was impressed by that and by the way Willems had made apparently childish drawings of Pigeon incredibly expressive. Pigeon was happy, sad, angry, wistful, sleepy... you name it, that little crayoned figure expressed it. I'll probably grab a few more some time, next time I'm at the library, though it won't be as much fun without someone to read them with.

1 Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog, Don't Let Pigeon Drive the Bus, and Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late, to be precise.

No comments:

Post a Comment