Friday, August 22, 2008

Rose Beads Again

Another finished project: A necklace for my sister, all rose beads! The reddish-pink ones are from red & pink beads, just ground with no cooking; the yellow-brown ones are from mixed colors, cooked in a non-reactive pot and the black-brown ones are from cooking them with iron.

The rough look is kind of neat, making it more homemade in appearance, but I'd still like to know how to get them polished, since it's always good to be able to make these choices consciously.


Oh--the secret to keeping them from molding in a humid climate seems to be to keep a fan on them on low at all times while they dry.

1 comment:

  1. I wore them to church today and smelled rosy. The box is partially open on my dresser in my room, and it makes the whole room smell rosy.

    ReplyDelete