Sunday, July 20, 2008

Murder Can Stunt Your Growth by Selma Eichler

I've heard of this series before and been vaguely curious about them.

Desiree Shapiro is a short, overweight, somewhat pushy PI. It makes for a variation on the usual formula, and the titles are clever and eye catching. Anyway, I finally got around to reading one.

I'd rate it as average ok. I might read another one if I'm in the mood for a mystery, I might not. The central mystery in this one--starting with the question of whether or not there even is a mystery--is intriguing. Desiree and her supporting cast are moderately likable, and the prose works.

Yes: This is tepid praise. I liked it well enough. I might read another. I'm not going to run around recommending it to all my friends and relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment