Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sadness

One of my birds just died.

Rafiki.

He was fine this morning when I took them out of their cage to clean it.

He seemed fine.

I've not spent as much time with them as I should lately--it's hard when I also have a dog now--but I'm sure I would have noticed.

But then this afternoon, he just sat there. And there wasn't even really time to think of a vet, much less take him to one.

I'm not sure if it would have made a difference.

He was thirteen, fairly old for a lovebird.

But it was so sudden. And I don't know what happened. He can't have eaten anything--there's nothing in here, I'm very careful about that.

And Malaika is calling for him.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your bird. I know I've had nightmares about my cat's death --it's hard to imagine.

    ReplyDelete