Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm Here!

So, the other day I was sitting in the back quietly reading when the doorbell rang.

Still thinking about other things, I headed to the front planning to pick up whatever package UPS had dropped off or to fend off the students selling candy to buy textbooks or whatever.

I opened the door & looked vaguely out. "Am I at the right place?" the man asked.

I hardly knew.

"Is this [address]?"

Yes, it was.

"Well," he announced. "I'm here!"

"That's nice. Who are you?" was my puzzled (and judging by the look on his face, puzzling) reply.

-----

The rather prosaic ending:

"I'm the [don't remember the company name] floor man!"

We were expecting a floor man?

"Um. I guess I'm here to see [someone else]?"

He was. We were, as it turned out, expecting a plumber. But no on had told me that.

Everything got sorted out, and I returned to my book in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment